Thursday, December 30, 2021

End of the Year Post

 Well here we are in the end of the second Zoe year. We took Zoe on her first airplane voyage to visit the grand-parents in Greece (for the first time). Thankfully we seem to be safe. 

 

 The loot from the Greece trip. My old 24 inch DBA mat, my personal gift copy of Artesia RPG, and the present from my sister, the new Greek 1922 comic on the Asia Minor Campaign/Western Front of Turkish War of Liberation


Like last year, this has been a transformative year for me with good and bad things about the hobby. Bad things is the need to downsize, again due to an upcoming move to smaller house, and of course the lack of face to face gaming. Good thing, is the despite the downsizing, I am very excited for the hobby, still have three collections (two with matched pairs), and ambition for another project (torn between straight ancient Greece vs. Glorantha inspired antiquity/bronze age , torn between 15mm and 28mm, and torn between mass battle/ big skirmish vs. smaller skirmish). 

I did get some face to face gaming in outside venues with Nacho, and one online game. I also played a couple of solo games, with the last being a run of my Ottoman and Greek troops for the 1897 war with a Neil Thomas 19th Century Wargaming Rules minigame. Here are some pictures. 




And here are some pictures from refurbished guns at the Athens War Museum 






My expectation for 2022 is more focus on some solo gaming (and hopefully when the pandemic is over some face to face), one or two RPG quickstarters with friends, and maybe some miniature painting. Only project left to finish is the 28mm Old Man Creation's Greeks for 1821. 

I wish you all a Happy New Year  with the end of this pandemic!


No comments:

Post a Comment