Saturday, February 25, 2023

Playtest of LJdPB Oeversee 1864

 I was honored to get a chance to playtest the LJDPB Oeversee 1864 scenario with the indefatigable Vincent Tsao (he blogs at the Corlears Hook Fencibles ) . The game was over zoom (we will explore Discrod for future games). It was excellent. I took the Austrians and Vincent the Danes. I made severla mistakes and the game ended in my defeat. But it was a good test of not just the specific scenario but the whole logic of LJdPB.

1. The scenario ran fast. We were done in an hour and several minutes. 

2. The low number of units made it easy to keep track of the game even online

3. Of course the low number of units does mean luck will have a bigger impact than in a normal BBB game. But the short play time permits determined players to run the same scenario twice. There is a DBA logic here, which I think works.

4. All in all I am happy. This worked exactly as I had it in my mind. It is a very different way to play BBB but there is still the BBB spirit of rewarding good tactics and punishing bad. 

5. The scenario is balanced for the Draw result, but an Austrian victory would be hard. Still I aim for balance on the draw result. 

All in all a good quick game! It was really nice to meet Vincent face to face even if remote. I might in the future organize a remote multi game day of LJdPB scenarios. 

Vincent wrote a AAR at his blog at Corlears Hook Fencibles 






1 comment:

  1. We have created a discord server to organize BBB remote games. You can find the link in the BBB Groups.IO

    ReplyDelete