Thursday, March 9, 2023

Finished gluing the Perry Plastic War of the Roses era Plastic Foot Knights

 Well I finished gluing the Perry Miniatures Plastic Foot Knights for the War of the Roses Era. 

Now these are not the first Perry Miniatures Plastic set I have worked on. I built a generic 15th century army using their War of the Roses Longbowmen and Bellmen set, European Mercenaries set, and Mounted Knights set. I liked all those sets. The Foot Knights set was the only one I was not able to get into my hands then.  Perhaps it was for the best.

I admire the Perry Miniatures for their products, I really do. They have produced some exquisite metal miniatures and excellent plastic sets. This is not one of them. The problem is the tooling. The parts are too many, too delicate, and too small. There is also a lack in head variety, with only one helmetless head.


While the bodies of the knights are exquisite, the tooling of the polearms was in general problematic. I had an extremely hard time putting them together, a couple of figures got coated in superglue, and in the end I just did not have fun.



Some nice combinations



A standard bearer with a small green-stuff cloak


Problems start


Superglue everywhere 


Using other manufacturer heads with the bodies to get some extra helmetless miniatures


Did not work always.


Really, somebody saw this and said let us go with it?


Really? 


Are we serious!


6mm Buildings from Iliada Game Studios. These are better to put together than the Perry miniatures. But the reality is clear. I am not what I used to be. I probably will stick to metal miniatures to complete my 28mm Saga: Age of Magic/ Artesia Setting project. I just did not have fun putting these together. Obviously building kits is not anymore a key part of the hobby for me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment