Sunday, September 29, 2024

Update on Hobby Plans and Budget for 2024-2025

"Edited post as I learned both my hobby stores have rechargable gift cards" 

 Our move to Atlanta, cost us lot of money, and despite having now two incomes we will be a bit under pressure for two years (after care costs for Zoe, a car for Ceren, double rents in September, health costs etc).  This requires a realistic re-assessment of the budget for 2024-2025. First of all I sold a couple of things

1)      Sold my Tau Combat Patrol. While it gave me good games at Elko, I felt I had played it enough. The money from the selling were used to buy paint supplies and the BattleTech Clan Invasion Boxed Set

2)      Sold the still in box Space Marine Scout Team and Sentinel. Used the funds to buy BattleTech A Game of Armored Battles boxed set.

Second, I closed all my Patreons, Crunchyroll, and even my support for the Wargames Website. While this hurts me, I need to prioritize the hobby.

I essentially have three gaming opportunities. Once a month BattleTech (ongoing campaign), once a month Warhammer 40k (Incursion level games), more infrequently historical gaming. Considering this I decided to just focus on each of these three areas.

For 2024-2025 my projected budget and plans are

1)      Warhammer 40k, Death Guard. Add a Rhino for my Incursion level lists (65 USD). My existing collection is now fully painted. I have more than enough for the Incursion level games I will be playing.

2)      BattleTech. BattleTech Universe Book (50 USD), paint my remaining miniatures from the existing two box sets. These are more than enough for games of Classica Battle Tech and Alpha Strike.

3)      Historical.  Finish my 28mm 15th Century Western European Generic force. This will require buying movement trays (20-30 USD). No action on the rest. If my mother in law brings me my 10mm ACW I will need to decide whether I sale them for hobby funds, or rebase for Altar of Freedom. If I rebase I might still sale as a Altar of Freedom complete package (rules, scenarios, armies). We will see. I do have my Battle of Gribomvo 1897 set up and miniatures. I do need to get mats for To the Strongest (60 USD) and want to buy War and Conquest (50 USD)

4)      Other hobby matters: Money to spend at the stores when I got to game (5-10 USD, twice a month 120-240 USD a year minus the stuff I buyt from them). This will cover hobby supplies.

5)      As much as I want to go to a convention, and Atlanta and the area are rich with them, I will have to decide on the fly. I probably would go to Siege of Augusta (so assume another 150 USD for a same day visit)

Total: 385 to 535

No comments:

Post a Comment