Monday, February 21, 2022

First proper face to face miniature wargame in two years

My hard work during our unplanned, costly, eventful apartment move, led my wife to agree to let me play a proper face to face miniature war-game as a reward. So me and my good friend Nacho arranged for me to go over to his place (with its proper large table) and play finally a game of Liber Militum Tercios with our fully painted armies. I brought my 28mm English New Model Army, and he arrayed a Holy Roman Empire force. So a proper Protestant vs. Catholic battle with the proper banter. 

The forces and initial dispositions 

  
 
I went for the aggressive tactics I believe are proper for a New Model army. I advanced along all my line. To keep a long story short, the battle developed with furious fast action on the cavalry flanks, with both sides scoring kills. I was slowly pushed back, but my better discipline permitted me to rest my units and counter-attack. At the center, around the hill a proper grinding infantry battle developed, which the imperials got the better of it. The dice in general were not in my favor, but I was able to gain a Pyrrhic Victory, That said we tested one more turn, and if we had played it Nacho would had won. A great game, and it was nice to see these armies meet in their full splendor. 
 
 
More pictures
 
 



















 


No comments:

Post a Comment