Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Gaming and Painting Update

 Praise the hellish move. My wife relaxed our harsh (but needed) covid protection measures and I was able to play again last Sunday at Nahco's. 

1st Game: Lasalle II 6mm game pitting my 6mm Prussias vs. my 6mm French. A good fun game even if I lost. (Pictures below)

2n Game: WAB 2 game using Nacho's 28mm Macedonians and Persians. I lost again. I did have fun, though it hit me how primitive WAB felt after years of Too Fat Lardies, and Sam Mustafa games. DBA does not give that feeling or primitive. But WAB did. Happy to play with Nacho who knows the rules by heart, but not something I would invest time in (Pictures below)


I also completed my painting projects finishing my 28mm Old Man's Creations Greek Revolution figures (Pictures below).

 I still have some hobby tasks to finish: 1) finish flocking some terrain 2) re-base the bulk of my 6mm French Napoleonic Army , but pretty much that is it for current projects for me.

I offered to help Nacho, who has a lot of projects going on, paint a 28mm Celtic Army he has, in order to satisfy the painting bug. 

Beyond no plans for a new project right now. My life is a transition point, and I am largely broke most of the time. Thus I have survived two phases of infatuation with a possible new project (Battletech, Glorantha). Let us see if I survive my current interest without dipping in. My infatuation right now is with the Lamian War and First Succesor's War, and I am interested in doing so in 15mm (due to lack of space) and using To The Strongest (again due to lack of space).

But there are a lot of stuff I have backlogged in my wish list (all books in electronic format)

1) Martin Heldson's Glorantha Warfare source-books

2) Guide to Glorantha (still interested in the setting even if I will not use it in any gaming)

3) Get Mark Smylie's Artesia RPG in pdf (I have it in hard-copy) plus e-copies of all the comics, and maybe his two novels

4) To the Strongest and its Army Lists for Ancient Armies

5)The Perdiccas Years, 323-320 BC (a new book covering the First Successors War and Lamian War)

6) Completing my current collections (6mm and 10mm artillery limbers, another sixteen figures of Greek Revolutionaries from Old Man's Creations)

7) PDF copy of my friend's RPG "Carovera Victor"

Pictures of games and figures noted (1st Greek Revolution, 2nd 6mm Lasalle game, 3rd 28mm WAB game)

1) Pictures of Old Man's Creations 28mm Greek Revolutionaries 

 

 

 

 

 

 2) 6mm Lasalle Game















3) 28mm WAB2 Game










 

No comments:

Post a Comment