Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Ninth Game of the Year: Combat Patrol once more. Tau vs. Necrons

 Tonight I played my ninth game of the year. This was another game of Combat Patrol (at my request), were I played my Tau vs. Darren's. Necrons. My losing streak continued, but I did better than last time. I wiped out two of his units, and came close to a third, and for three turns was competitive in VPs. I played my Fire Warriors more aggressively, and used the warlord enhancement that gave them a extra save and feel no pain. I also used the Ghostkeel much better. I still misused my Sealthsuits.  This time we played faster, reaching turn five (were I conceded) in an hour and a half. Jolly good. 

We will be taking a break from 40k. We will be playing a demo of Saga:Age of Magic, a Legion Imperialist Campaign, a Xenos Rampant game, and AOS: Underworlds. When we get back to 40k we will play my DG combat patrol and perhaps some games at incursion level with my DG.

Table set up. I added some more minor terrain.


Situation at end of my First Turn.


Situation at start of Turn 2


Random pictures 
A sight for my sore eyes! 

The Necrons deployed


My Ghostkeel 


My command and Fire Warriors at deployment


Necron Warriors wiped out!


Scarabs joint them!

My units in trouble!


Ghostkeel falls!



The tragic end!


No comments:

Post a Comment