Friday, April 19, 2024

Project done for now: Tau Force for Warhammer 40k/ Inter-Species Security Organization Vanguard Conflict Cadre for Xenos Rampant

 For the time being I am done working on my Tau/ISO force for 40k/Xenos Rampant. I have enough miniatures for the first Tau Combat Patrol for 10th edition Warhammer 40k , about 600 in points, and more than 24 points for Xenos Rampant. I am quite happy with this force, and have ideas about how to expand, using the lore of the Tau in 40k to buy and use miniatures from a wide range of manufacturers. But I am not in a hurry to do so. It was a fun force to collect, including miniatures from three deferent manufacturers.  

The Xenos Rampant army list can be reached through this link. In Xenos Rampant this is a Inter-Species Security Organization Vanguard Conflict Cadre, which I envision as the scout forces of an alliances of many species, including humans, that face various interstellar threats (including human ones). Here are the photos.

The whole force (click for bigger pictures)




These are Khurashan Miniatures Ferox . Lovely miniatures to which I added left-over Citadel Miniatures Tau shoulder pads. In 40k I use them as the carabine armed Fire Warriors for the Combat Patrol, or Pathfinders. In XR they are light infantry build for the close range fire-fight.



Tau Breachers, from Citadel Miniatures. I use them are the pulse rifle armed Fire Warriors in the Combat Patrol, as breachers in 40k, and as Vau Light Infantry in XR


Citadel Miniatures Tau Stealth Suits. Used as is in 40k, and as Elite Infantry in XR.


The center-piece model. A Citadel Miniatures Tau Ghostkeel. Used as a Walker Fighting Vehicle in XR


The characters. Two Citadel Miniatures Tau Cadre Commanders, and a Reapers Miniature Andromedan Vizier I use as an Ethereal. In XR they form a command team.


Total USD Cost for this force was about 130 USD

No comments:

Post a Comment